Friday, July 10, 2009

The one?

You are the one I want to be with
When I'm feeling low or high
You are the one I want to hold onto
When I feel the need to fly

You are the only one I can talk to
with no restraints, with you I'm me
You make me happy with a hint of a smile
You make me want to be free

I want to protect you
from the evils in the world
Your face, so calm and serene
a sight that is now seldom seen

So pure is your heart
untouched by the woes of hurt
I want to hold you close and tell you
that like you, there are very few

No complications,no twisted words
with inner meaning, no lies.
So simple life seems with you
When you're around time flies.

What makes you the only one
who knows how to make me laugh?
Who will make me face life again
If not for you? I ask.

Your careless gesture
A cry for affection
Your tiny little fingers
Holding on, not letting go.

What more do I want?
Just this. For you to know,
that
I love you more than I can show.

Dedicated to my brother's 2 year old son.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you dear. I will make sure I show this to him when he grows up.

Anna