Thursday, August 06, 2009

Just another lazy day.

Cheerful "good morning" greetings, filter kaapi after brushing, THE HINDU ( I swear, it's a relief after reading the crappy Deccan Chronicle I used to get in Hyderabad), mom's suda suda soft idli's for breakfast followed by my all-time favorite fruit salad. Yes, I'm home! It doesn't matter that it's only for two days. I'm in chennai - my place, my area, my city. Hyderabad was lovely and the weather was just right almost all the time. In comparison, this place is humid, and if you go for a walk at 12 noon you'll probably come back with a hole through your head. But it's still my place, and I'm loving it. My beloved chaat-wala will be waiting for me outside Nilgiris, I never let him down when I come to chennai - his pani puri's lure me to his shop almost daily. It's not the best, and it's definitely not as big as the puri's I got at Dadu's, but it's definitely worth the 5 minute walk down to the place. And the best of it all, mom's cooking! I can almost smell the aroma of sweet nimbu rasam and vengaaya vethakozhambu with seppangazhangu fry :) Gawd, I love being here, and that's made me bunk two more exams. So that makes it six, if anybody is keeping count. And it also means I've to attend all six the next two mid-terms. Oh well, who cares, really? I loved the restaraunts and chaat shops in Hyderabad, people around me ensured that each time I went to a different place in a different part of the city. But now I'm going back to the good old Hotel Saravana Bhavan to meet a very unlikely friend. Anybody jealous? Please be. Those who know me will know I deserve this break. Long live Chennai! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I guess our close knit group of zombies had their glimpse of freedom and basically a taste of life we have all been yearning for :) The road seems long again but the hope of finding a beautiful world waiting for us doesn't seem a fantasy anymore. Cheers to life !!!

Anonymous said...

Who's that friend in HSB?

Rukmani said...

The unlikely friend I was going to meet in HSB but met someplace else instead.

Raghavan said...

hey i jus read this...
a bit late though...! :)
anyways, i have to tell u:
the "filter kaapi", "hindu paper", "saathamudhu(rasam)", "vathakkuzhambu" & the best of all "seppankizhangu fry"...!
U jus said wat i wanted to...!

Long live tanjore too...! Coz mom has come here... :)