Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Alone or lonely?

As the world around me whizzes past at maddening speeds
I'm standing rooted to a place, trying to move - but numb
I see you come closer and move away at the same time
am I alone or lonely?

When life goes on without a break
When I can't relate to anyone around
When I hear what you say but don't get what you mean
am I alone or lonely?

In a crowd but yet so far away
talking, listening - all just for a moment
When nothing is significant enough to leave back a memory
Am I alone or lonely?

Alone I am, lonely not.
Such a dark shade of a (s)light difference
Choice it is, to remain this way
In a lonely place, but still, alone.

The fastest poem I've ever written. 10 minutes! The idea of alone/lonely came to me in class yesterday, and since then I've been hasty to get it done. It hasn't come out as well as I thought it would,not even close, but it's still an attempt.

No comments: