Thursday, September 10, 2009

A few of my everyday things

A lot of people around me keep asking why I write sad poems that make them think about unhappy things. Why such a happy person who cracks many PJ's almost all the time, should show this seamy(?) side of hers. So here goes my first attempt to write something happy. But reading it doesn't make me happy. It just doesn't make me sad. Which is definitely a start. So here's the brand new me, making an effort to bring a bit more happiness into your lives. If you can't appreciate it(just how I wasn't able to), at least laugh at how pathetic an attempt this is! :)

Crayons and pencils and sketches of different colours
They make me want to keep using them for hours
To draw differnt patterns and beautiful figures
But mostly to make random things that grow bigger!

My laptop and cellphone and music player - all useful gadgets
help me survive when I have to do some projects
They make me realize that electricity is indispensable
And they're all connected with wires and cables!

My family and friends and roomies of different ages
coming from such varied backgrounds and stages
They make my mind and heart stick together
And make problems seem as light as a feather!

My mokkaes and PJ's and the worst possible jokes
They crack them up no matter how hard are these folks
They're meant to somehow make things fall into place
but instead it makes people get into a craze!

My dreams of big houses and the ocean and ship cruises
They help me forget that I have mental bruises
They take me to a happy place in parellel universes
Where things are just perfect and rhyme like these verses!

1 comment:

Raghavan said...

nice n touching...
liked it much... :)